HomeSearchFAQRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsPortalLog in

Share | 

2008.06.11 Wu Chun Really Hopes For A Breakthrough...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
fae042808
Full Time FRH Fan
Full Time FRH Fan

Female
Number of posts : 444
Registration date : 2008-04-22

PostSubject: 2008.06.11 Wu Chun Really Hopes For A Breakthrough...   Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:52 pm

2008.06.11 Wu Chun Really Hopes For A Breakthrough, Really Wishes to Return to Brunei
.Source: www.jfdaily.com 2008-6-10

This is an era for idols.

Fahrenheit broke out through the numerous idol groups and these four boys with excellent personality and education created a new myth among idols. Wu Chun flew the fastest. After three TV dramas, he was already appearing on the silver screen. His new movie [Butterfly Lover] originally titled [Kungfu Lovers], is a movie long conceived by director Jingle Ma. When remaking a classic, there was always pressure on both director and artists. But Wu Chun said that he placed all his gambits on this film. If he cannot achieve a breakthrough, he may leave. Because, he “really wants to return to Brunei.”

Doing Stunts Personally and Uses Hand to Protect Face

[Butterfly Lovers] is a martial arts movie. It would be unavoidable to have bumps and scrapes. From the starting of filming in April to present day, female lead Ah Sa (Charlene Choi) was injured when she was hit at the lower back area. Wu Chun also sprained his leg. This pair of reincarnated lovers even gets injured as a couple.

Action choreographer Ching Siu-Tung suggested to Wu Chun to use a stuntman but having experiences as a fitness instructor, this young guy refused to let his muscles be cast aside. Breaking through windows, jumping down stairs…he wanted to do all himself. Ching Siu-Tung can only grudgingly give him a word of advice: [You better make sure you protect your face!]

[So, I use my hands to block.] Wu Chun showed the reporter his hands. Both hands are filled with scars, some from scratches, some seemed to be sliced. Whenever Wu Chun held his fists tightly, one can see the bulging veins on his arms and his muscles pulled tautly. He was so unpretentious that the first time he met with Ah Sa, he ended up giving her a punch! [The director asked me to give her an “intimate little punch”, but as soon as I touched her, she went “Ah” with a cry.” At the time, Ah Sa did not feel much pain but when she returned home and looked into the mirror, there was a bruise on her forehead.

This type of “not being considerate enough” made Wu Chun to seem a little “cold” within the group. Whenever the four boys do interviews together, what he utter the most is “Right, right, right” or “Good, good, good”. Yet the first few dramas, from [Tokyo Juliet] to [Hana-Kimi] to [Romantic Princess], his acting fees more than tripled. The nickname his fans gave him was “Beauty Chun”

Wants to Get Married
Don’t Want to Make Them Wait Too Long

[I came from Brunei” He said. The feeling is just like the drama [The Pride of Chao Zhou] (ATV, 2003), filled with the sense of “being young and not knowing the taste of worry”.

[In the end, one day I will return there.] He then said.

Actually not long ago, he just went back, “first, to increase the pages of my passport and secondly, I really missed my family after the earthquake.”

Wu Chun’s ancestral home is in FuJian. It was his grandfather’s generation that went to Brunei. When he first entered the entertainment circle, he said his mandarin carried a Fujian accent, “I kept pronouncing {bu dui, bu dui} as {bu de, bu de}.”

Last year, Wu Chun became extremely popular which led to the HK and TW media to research into his family background. His father is a real estate businessman. His elder uncle is even one of the ten richest men in Brunei. In Brunei, he is a CEO with his chain of fitness centres. He paid off $8 million dollars of business loan four years ago. The businessmen that dealt with Wu Chun, even if they are of the same age group, are already fathers. “You know, that feeling is very depressing. When talking about business, to have someone said {Ah, I just watched you portrayed a high school kid, and you look the part too…}]

People in Brunei marry young. The average of getting married is 25 years old, especially for children from rich families such as his. At home, he is the youngest son. “My father understands me and bears the family pressure alone but the more he is like that, the worse I feel.” When he left home in 2005, his father was 58 years old. “Recently when I saw him, his hair is almost all white. Ai, he is already 61 years old.” His mother passed away when he was attending university. Her biggest regret was unable to see him married and have children.

[I don’t want to make them wait too long.” Very few male artists would confess to waiting to get married and have children.

[Yet, you don’t even have a girlfriend?] The reporter asked.

He seemed a little distracted. [But if I found her, I would not make her wait long. Once a girl is past 30, childbearing becomes problematic.]

Ongoing Gossip Led to Being Misunderstood

Coincidentally, he is mired in recent gossip news. But as the topic turns to this, he loudly begged for mercy: [Spare me, please! A week earlier said I broke Ella’s heart, a week later said I am gay…what is going on?]

[I have known Ella for many years and this gossip has been ongoing for many years. She is the thread that led me into the industry. Her sister and brother-in-law had helped me for a long time.] Previously Ella self-confessed that she had a " friends on the surface but lovers beneath the surface" relationship with a male artist. The relationship broke up after a year and she was badly hurt by it. [The one who hurt her really is not me. If it is me, how can we collaborate anymore?] Wu Chun kept shaking his hands.

As for the other piece of gossip, he doesn’t know whether to laugh or cry about it. The main character of this gossip, Kang, along with the reporter, watched him during filming that day. Kang is very good to him. It is almost as if the moment Wu Chun raises his hand, he knows what Chun wants. [But I am his assistant!] Kang exclaimed indignantly. [In the beginning, he was afraid of being misunderstood if he hires a female assistant, so he hired a male assistant. In the end, he was still being misunderstood.]

Do not underestimate the appeal of Wu Chun. According to information leaked by the crew on site, there is a possibility that Ah Sa would become the third cause of gossip. One day, when the two were acting in a scene together, the sound engineer heard some fast-beating static noises and handed the earphone to the director. As soon as Jingle Ma heard it, he immediately went to look for Ah Sa: [The mike, don’t place it at this position on the left chest. That is where your heart is. Don’t you know how fast your heart is beating!] Ah Sa immediately blushed.

Big Stomach King Eats 23 Hand Cones in One Breath

[Usually boys who liked to eat would not have bad intentions.] said director Jingle Ma. Wherever Assistant Kang went, he always carried a recycled bag. Inside was filled with different types of snacks, mostly were high calorie little snacks. In the 10-minute interview, he quickly and cleanly swallowed four pieces of pastry. [If I am not full, I don’t feel all there.]

He had been in Shanghai for the filming for almost three months and he ardently loved the local dishes. At least two days a week, he would come with the other “Big Stomach King” Jingle Ma into the city for dinner. The first time Jingle Ma treated him for dinner, Wu Chun placed his order before using the washroom. When he came back, his order just arrived. Then, in one breath, he ate 23 hand cones! This was only the appetizer. Ah Sa, who sat at the same table, was stunned on the spot. [Even though, I can afford his big appetite but afterwards I would only treat him to Japanese style buffet.] Jingle Ma sighed.

The reporter had also once witnessed Wu Chun’s good appetite. A year ago, HIM arranged for Wu Chun to have a meal with a group of reporters. The guests of the table consisted of mostly females so there was a lot of food leftover. [It is really bad to be wasteful!] Wu Chun, while murmuring under his breath, like the winds dispersing clouds, quickly “disposed” the leftovers on the table.

[My first impression of my father hitting me, was when I went with him to a dinner. I started to eat even before the other people have arrived.] That beating let Wu Chun understand [the difference of what is important and what is not, manners and etiquettes must be observed, and, never be wasteful.]

{Shen} News Exclusive
Wu Chun: 3 Year Deadline Is Almost Here

{Shen} News: Many people would ask you, why enter the entertainment business? You graduated from Economics and already opened a fitness centre. Furthermore, when you started your age is not really young.

Wu Chun: You can say this is a dream of mine. Before, I lacked the courage to try and missing opportunities. Later my mother’s passing gave me some revelation. While alive, one must try all sorts of new life. To be an artist is a very big challenge to me. It changed me greatly even my skin had became much thicker.

{Shen} News: What is your goal in entering the entertainment business?

Wu Chun: To do movies. I never thought about any ranking or position but I want to do movies. There is almost no entertainment in Brunei TV. I grew up watching movies. I like Chow Yun-fat, Stephen Chow, in the same way as I like Michael Jordan.

{Shen} News: In the entertainment business, were you ever afraid of anything?

Wu Chun: Yes. In the beginning, the group is new, the company is new. No one taught us what to do. Furthermore, I was very homesick. I also secretly cried. When I first entered this industry, I said to myself, if after three years and I did not become popular, I would then leave.

{Shen} News: Three years, it is almost there!

Wu Chun: That’s why I must surpass myself! Filming in Shanghai, acting in a costumed drama, doing action pictures, working with a movie team, everything is brand new.

{Shen} News: Is there a feeling of placing all your gambits on this movie?

Wu Chun: That is the reality. Maybe if there is no breakthrough, I would take the initiative and leave. I really want to return to Brunei.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://phey428.multiply.com/
loveee fahrenheit
Full Time FRH Fan
Full Time FRH Fan

Female
Number of posts : 974
Registration date : 2008-01-05

PostSubject: Re: 2008.06.11 Wu Chun Really Hopes For A Breakthrough...   Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:49 am

omg...
if he returned to Brunei, then how abt fahrenheit??
gosh!!
terrible...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ariel
Fahrenheit Fan
Fahrenheit Fan

Female
Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: 2008.06.11 Wu Chun Really Hopes For A Breakthrough...   Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:27 am

plz angela. everyone wishes to go back to their hometown. imagine u faraway from home u will feel like going home also right?
so its normal.
its only when he says he dun wan 2 go home then that is terrible lor. puh lease my dear girl.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ariel
Fahrenheit Fan
Fahrenheit Fan

Female
Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: 2008.06.11 Wu Chun Really Hopes For A Breakthrough...   Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:36 am

And i don't think wu chun will leave. highly impossible.
because i feel that he won't let the other fahrenheit members down.
maybe he will only go back to his country for a small holiday as a short break then he will cum back.
and we should support wu chun and hope that this movie will help him get a nreakthrough.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hanna'
Hardcore FRH Fan
Hardcore FRH Fan

Female
Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2008-04-28

PostSubject: Re: 2008.06.11 Wu Chun Really Hopes For A Breakthrough...   Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:27 am

yes! i dont think chun would easily leave fahrenheit and other members..

he just want to go back to Brunei bcause he miss his father and he was very homesick.
im sure he will come back to taiwan after he visits Brunei.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
loveee fahrenheit
Full Time FRH Fan
Full Time FRH Fan

Female
Number of posts : 974
Registration date : 2008-01-05

PostSubject: Re: 2008.06.11 Wu Chun Really Hopes For A Breakthrough...   Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:32 am

fine, fine, ariel chua zhen xi!!!
btw, no double post...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hanna'
Hardcore FRH Fan
Hardcore FRH Fan

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2008.06.11 Wu Chun Really Hopes For A Breakthrough...   Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:07 am

angela,
u know her?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: 2008.06.11 Wu Chun Really Hopes For A Breakthrough...   Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:16 am

LOL, i would've guessed that hana kimi was his breakthrough performance, cuz after that everyone started to luv him adn stuff..
Back to top Go down
hanna'
Hardcore FRH Fan
Hardcore FRH Fan

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2008.06.11 Wu Chun Really Hopes For A Breakthrough...   Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:28 am

yeah...
everyone know him through hana kimi and after that, they starts to like him and fahrenheit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: 2008.06.11 Wu Chun Really Hopes For A Breakthrough...   Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:42 am

xD yup! xD he did tokyo juliet b4 that right? lol.. i didn't lyk that drama one bit..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2008.06.11 Wu Chun Really Hopes For A Breakthrough...   

Back to top Go down

2008.06.11 Wu Chun Really Hopes For A Breakthrough...
Page 1 of 1