Support Fahrenheit
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchRegisterLatest imagesPortalLog in

Boys To Men-Fahrenheit

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
mrs fahrenheit
Full Time FRH Fan
Full Time FRH Fan
mrs fahrenheit

Female
Number of posts : 2240
Registration date : 2007-12-02

Boys To Men-Fahrenheit Empty
PostSubject: Boys To Men-Fahrenheit   Boys To Men-Fahrenheit EmptySun Feb 17, 2008 7:48 pm

Source: Teenage, March edition

---------------------------

With a sizzling new album under their belt, the boys from Fahrenheit are back with a flaming vengeance! Bang Wei-Tin checks in with the red hot boyband to find them all grown up...
Visibility is sometimes all that matters for an artiste to climb to the top of the game, and in Fahrenheit's case, the band certainly has no problems being in the limelight. Since releasing their debut album, Fahrenheit, in 2006, Jiro, Calvin, Aaron and Wu Zun, quickly rose to become the most popular boyband the Mandarin music industry has seen since F4's heyday in 2000. Their latest album, Two-Sided Fahrenheit, which dropped in January this year, is a phenomenal success in every sense of the word.

Don't Stop The Music
To fans though, it has been an excruciating one-year-and-four-month wait for Two-sided Fahrenheit to materialise. But don't expect it to sound like anything Fahrenheit has produced before; it's bigger and definitely better!

"2007 is very important to us, as the four of us have our own solo projects. But for our album, we've pushed back the release from last summer till now, and spent more than half a year recording it, just so that we can present a more thorough, well-prepared and 'two-sided album for everyone."

Their hard work has certainly paid off. Over 50,000 copies of the album were snapped up by zealous fans even before it was officially released. As though that in itself isn't impressive enough, the album went on the achieve platinum status, a feat that's even more remarkable considering the current downturn in the pop scene.

While their previous album is typically ballad-heavy, the songs in Two-Sided Fahrenheit are considerably more diverse; there are pop-rock and even rap elements! Speaking on behalf of the band, Calvin chirps enthusiastically, "Yeah, I actually got to rap on one of the songs for the first time. It's difficult but also quite a fresh attempt for me!"

Wu Zun adds, "Honestly, every one of these songs is challenging. For example, after we finished recording Living For You, we will listen repeatedly and record it again to obtain the right feel we want. And in Don't Know How To Love, we are really proud of our four-person harmony. But the most difficult track is The Art of Love as it requires us to change from one pitch to another smoothly. Tough!"
Difficult as it may be to produce the album, the band confessed that they really enjoyed the entire process, particularly when it comes to filming their music videos. Together with fellow label mate girl group S.H.E, Fahrenheit's video of New Home saw the seven of them playing, waltzing, and even sharing a "bed"! In the video of Living For You, the boys transformed into angels, complete with harps and flower laurels in their hair.

The song, according to the band, is dedicated to all lovers in the world- especially the single males. The foursome cheekily quips, "If only there really were angels in this world who would help us fulfill our wish of finding nice, wholesome girls for girlfriends!"

Winning Ways
Unfortunately for Fahrenheit, and their legion of adoring female fans, that wish isn't likely to come true anytime soon as they are all bogged down with numerous filming commitments; all of them, with the exception of Calvin, are currently in the midst of filming!

Their busy schedule and solo careers may be keeping the quartet from having a social life, but that doesn't stop Fahrenheit from embarking on their first ever Asian tour this December! Wu Zun could hardly contain his enthusiasm as he exclaimed, "The four of us have always harboured the dream of holding our own world tour, and we've been working really hard towards that goal. Now I can't believe we're actually going to have our own concerts!

Jiro adds, "We can't wait to be able to tour the whole world, and perform in front of all our wonderful fans!"

No matter how the show turns out to be, we're sure the boys will put on a great one for their fans, who are surely their number one priority- it's been reported that the boys even stayed up until 1am to finish signing autographs for all their fans who showed up at an autograph session!

Calvin jests, "These days, whenever I see the other guys wake up at four in the morning to film, and arrive in the afternoon for album promotion, they all look so tired. So since I'm the only one who gets to sleep my full eight hours, maybe I should represent everyone and do all the album promotions myself, then the others can rest!"

To which Jiro answers, "Calvin is the cheery one in the group. Even if we're really tired, so long as he cracks one of his jokes, we'll get all the 'power' we need!"

Brothers For Life
With so much camaraderie between the boys, we really wonder where the rumours of them falling out with one another came from! Jiro and Wu Zun, who are constantly pitted against each other by the media, quell the rumours instantly. "There is really no dislike or anything. All four of us play and joke together all the time, just like brothers."

Judging by their easy banter during the recent press conference in Hong Kong, the boys look like good friends more than ever. Aaron chirps, "During this one year and four months, our friendship, chemistry, singing and acting techniques have all changed. We've really grown a lot."

As usual, it is Calvin who sums up their friendship perfectly. "Maybe because we were all familiar with each other when we released our first album, so it gave the impression that we're not really close. However, after working and promoting our album together for some time, we definitely have more chemistry now. Whenever we have any disagreements, we will just say it out and solve the problems.We are so much more mature now."

Boys will Always Be Boys
When Calvin, Aaron, Wu Zun and Jiro interact, we get a sense that they're still the youthful, fun-loving lads they've always been! Here's an example of their playful interaction with one another...

Teenage: Since the album is called Two-Sided Fahrenheit, tell us about a side of you no one knows about...

Calvin: I give people the impression that I am a very quiet, decent and soft-spoken person, but in fact, I am very bubbly and I will always play crazily when we go out, like in the KTV room.

Aaron: Don't worry Calvin, i think you are very noisy and bubbly all the time! Hmm, for me, I am an impatient person, maybe a little childish sometimes. Ha ha...

Jiro: I may act in all sorts of comedies but in fact, I am a very quiet person. I will always be in a corner quietly and deep in thought. Maybe, I am a typical Virgo, a perfectionist, and someone who thinks a lot.

Wu Zun: Many people may not know this but Jiro will often act like a small boy and whine to his mum.

Jiro: Hey!

Wu Zun: Ha ha... For me, I love to eat all the time!

Fahrenheit rules...
It's our street issue!
So, the boys from Fahrenheit think they've made it to manhood? How would they survive if they had to rough it out in the 'hood'? We put them to the test and rate just how 'street' they are!

Wu Zun:
Born with a silver spoon in his mouth, hunky-dory Wu Zun will probably never live off the streets in desperation, but that;s not saying he hasn't got the street-smarts. The resourceful entrepreneur has the business brains to make it good in the 'hood! Not only does he own a gym in Brunei, we heard that he's planning on expanding the business, and Singapore could be his next stop! The cash cow is officially also the highest earner of the group, milking fame for all it's worth through filming, advertisements and endorsements.
King Pin with The Moolah
Street stat: Wu Zun knows where the money is at, and he'll rule the ghetto with his sharp business acumen!

Aaron:
The youngest of the four, Aaron is truly the baby of the group, but that doesn't mean he won't be able to fend for himself. Aaron's best form of defence is his good sense of humour- he oftens teases his older band mates during media outings! But we dug deep into our archives and found Aaron showing off a softer side. He admitted, "It's good being in a group. I;m just so thankful that I have three "brothers" who truly care for me!" Oh dear, looks like cherubic face Aaron won't be able to survive the mean streets after all!
Loyal Little Brother
Street stat: He may be more of a follower than a leader now, but loyal, idealistic Aaron sure is a great guy to hang around with!

Jiro:
With his stylish clothes, latest 'do and sharp features, Jiro literally looks as though he has just leaped off the pages of a manga! Having had to take up the responsibility of supporting his family since a young age, the 26-year-old now works doubly hard to make up for lost time. Just check out his amazing body of work within the last year- he's played all sorts of characters with much-needed panache!
Japanese Yakuza with a Vengeance
Street stat: To-die-for looks and unbridled passion for his art earn hot-blooded Jiro lots of R-E-S-P-E-C-T!

Calvin:
Tall, lanky Calvin may not stand out as strongly as muscular Wu Zun or rebellious Jiro, but we think that's precisely why this group spokesman might just turn out to be the ultimate mastermind! Armed with a Masters degree in Economics at University of Victoria and a soft gentle demeanour that instantly puts one at ease, Calvin is the calculating yet meticulous head honcho all the homies would be in awe of.
The Brainy Mafia boss
Street stat: Smooth, calm and always sure of his next step, Calvin executes his every move with precision.
Back to top Go down
Sw33tPandaZ
Assistant Admin
Sw33tPandaZ

Female
Number of posts : 5105
Registration date : 2007-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Boys To Men-Fahrenheit   Boys To Men-Fahrenheit EmptyMon Feb 18, 2008 12:48 am

Long but truly nice article x) I really enjoyed reading it. Thanks for sharing!
Back to top Go down
http://sw33tpandazreviews.blogspot.com/
Mrs_Calvin_Chen
Forum Mod
Mrs_Calvin_Chen

Female
Number of posts : 2546
Registration date : 2007-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Boys To Men-Fahrenheit   Boys To Men-Fahrenheit EmptyMon Feb 18, 2008 3:52 am

oh, my calvin is perfect for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i knew that a looooooonnnngg time ago!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Boys To Men-Fahrenheit   Boys To Men-Fahrenheit EmptyMon Feb 18, 2008 1:23 pm

LOL, i luv those little parts at the bottom xD

"Japanese Yakuza with a Vengeance" and "The Brainy Mafia boss" hahaha those two have to be the funniest

"Loyal Little Brother" this is the cutest, matches him xP haha

"King Pin with The Moolah" hahaha, this is just hahahaha, LOL
Back to top Go down
Sw33tPandaZ
Assistant Admin
Sw33tPandaZ

Female
Number of posts : 5105
Registration date : 2007-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Boys To Men-Fahrenheit   Boys To Men-Fahrenheit EmptyMon Feb 18, 2008 7:07 pm

I agree, I thought those were funny as well x)
Back to top Go down
http://sw33tpandazreviews.blogspot.com/
mrs fahrenheit
Full Time FRH Fan
Full Time FRH Fan
mrs fahrenheit

Female
Number of posts : 2240
Registration date : 2007-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Boys To Men-Fahrenheit   Boys To Men-Fahrenheit EmptyTue Feb 19, 2008 1:46 pm

haha tru tru..tht was sooo funny xDxDxD
abd mwuahaha he's richer than eveyone!!!!!!!!and if he stars his business in singapore...he might be thinking of malaysia whee!!!=]]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Boys To Men-Fahrenheit   Boys To Men-Fahrenheit Empty

Back to top Go down

Boys To Men-Fahrenheit
Page 1 of 1